How to choose tile
Once upon a time mosaic flooring was a status symbol. As and when time passes tile flooring took its place and now people choose tile. Tile has been included in the list of essentials for newly built home/flat and renovations of home. Reason being tile now a days is affordable and their is a paradigm shift in the choice of people. Tile manufactures knows the nerves of end user and they offers diversity in their range of product. There are ample variety available in market which may suit your requirements. Vitrified tile have gained momentum in the market over ceramic tile.
How many company you know?
Still if you will ask any layman that how many company you know who deals in tile.
He will be on thinking mode after taking 4-5 names. If I include all local manufacturer there are more than 2000 companies.
I do believe that only few of them offers good quality and serving quality conscious segment and rest of the companies is serving cost conscious segment. Many companies are unknown to us because their branding budget do not match up and they survives serving local market and few demand from outside.
Before listing major points while choosing tile, let me clear very first thing that vitrified tiles also have varieties within them. I am briefing them so at least you all have basic idea about them.
Type of vitrified tile:
- Soluble salt series- They are cost friendly but have limited designs. They are ivory based tile. They are economical tile.
- Double charge/Multi charge- They are multi layered tile. It means powder is fed two times which bring super strength within them.
- DGVT/PGVT Tile: They stands for digitally glazed vitrified tile and Polished glazed vitrified tile. They costs same or few bucks more as compared to multi charge tile but yes this range have ample of designs.
Choose tile with these point in your mind
- Follow the arrow marks made on the tile for proper alignment and proper set up of design while doing flooring. Normally most of the good companies manufactures it with arrow marks.
- Vitrified tiles have equal to zero porosity which means if you will splash glass of water on these tile, it will remain same next day.
Grouts between tile is the international standards which not only helps in soaking water but also in the situation when you have to pluck one tile from floor in case of breakage.
Grouting will play a vital role, suppose after 10 years one tile breaks or cracks from somewhere and you have kept extra boxes for this situation and you have to replace from the fit one.
- Be wise while choosing designs and choose as per the recommendations. Choose tile as per your suitability.
- Ensure tile has been laid properly. It must have proper flow in their drainage. While i was working in this industry, I have attended so many complaints regarding this.
Always consider the area while choosing sizes in tile. If you have a broader area or big area you can choose bigger size. But if you have a smaller area small sizes are best suitable and gives best looks.
Let me also tell you many companies offers 3D designs but they gives better looks in big hall where carpet area is more than 700 sq ft.
And when it comes to beauty every one becomes choosy while selecting their flooring. Companies offers variety of designs and put diversity in their sizes to match up with the trend. I have working experience in to this industry though I am into different stream line where i could suggest you few.
Every company has its own specialty so here i am listing few companies from which you can select and enhance the beauty of your home.
A very old company for this industry and took first mover advantage of the market. After gaining boosted profit they spent huge on branding and became market leader. Still i put up 1st in my list because they have good range in designs and size. You can choose Kajaria for both wall and floor.
Kajaria ceramics could be expensive but yes King is always king and they roar in the market.
Cengres tiles limited:
When it comes to strength in tile and interior flooring multi charge/double charge tile match up best. They are best at it.
For floor specially multi charge they have good range which can be your choice. This holds 2nd position because you will find it cost friendly and they offers variety in their designs. They are also highly active at their digital marketing. Cengres tiles limited is an emerging brand in their segment and manufactures with right quality and price.
Johnsons have little bit strength in their wall tile range also. Somany ceramics and Johnsons tiles can be considered while keeping choice though their designs finds similar to other brands
Hope this article added some value.